Friday, November 21, 2008

Music - Kanyes "808's And Heartbreak"


“808’s And Heartbreak” is not a commercial release, it’s not an experiment , and it’s not a rapper singing. “808’s And Heartbreaks” is the BOMB. Think about it. Kanye West is a huge name in this industry, he sells record, he wins Grammies, he’s superstar. He’s produced for legends and he has incomparable skills as an artist. He has credentials and experience and this record doesn’t reflect that. This record isn’t full of catchy singles with extravagant production and witty one-liners. It isn’t polished to perfection and I don’t think it’s supposed to be. I can’t connect with Kanye’s pain. I’m not him, I haven’t had his life experience. However, I completely connect with this album.

If you’re looking for something to bump on the way to the club don’t get this one. If you’re going through some shit right now, some “life on life terms” shit as my father would say you should get a copy of “808’s And Heartbreak.” I can’t really rate this one.

Go Get This Album...

Technorati Links Subscribe to this feed Digg This! Stumble It! Add to del.icio.us