Thursday, October 25, 2012

@PHARRELL: "PLACES AND SPACES I'VE BEEN" by @Rizzolli_Books



"Places and Spaces I've Been" is a timeline of Pharrell William's traveling all over the world. It's a documentary of a visionary; ambitious is an understatement when it comes to the rapper, designer, recording artist, and producer who now adds author to his list of accomplishments.

 “The motivation for me is them telling me what I could not be / Oh well / I’m so ambitious,” sings Pharrell Williams on a track from Jay-Z’s The Blueprint 3 album.  

Pharrell: Places and Spaces I’ve Been (the title originated from the Donald Byrd song “Places  & Spaces”) is an imaginative homage to the influencer’s endless collaborations, artistic innovations, and mind-bending style. Pharrell quotes at GQ interview this year: "It’s just things and people that have moved me and inspired me around the world and that I am also honored to know."

The book features Buzz Aldrin, Toby Feltwell, Zaha Hadid, Shae Haley, Chad Hugo, Jay-Z, Masamichi Katayama, Patrick Li, Ambro Medda, Takashi Murakami, NIGO, Loic Villepontoux, Kanye West, Anna Wintour and Hans Zimmer.

One of the coolest pictures is most definitely the one Karl Lagerfeld's rocking Billionaire Boys Club/IceCream’s, sagging black jeans and oversize T-shirt, pocket chains, and gold lamé gloves from the line’s fall 2008 collection.

The cover is slick. The pictures are dope. The "Mink and Ermine" story speaks my mind. The stories inspiring. It's def. a piece of literature THE24CLUB will add to his library.






Now available at UrbanPeople.com



Pictures and text: Nagard Tetsuya